A Complete Coopers European Lager Starter Kit by Almost Off Grid.
Absolutely everything you need to get started making your own beer, in the comfort of your own home. This kit makes a fantastic gift and is the ideal introduction to a new hobby!
The Almost Off Grid Complete Coopers European Lager Starter Kit contains:
- 25 litre Fermentation Bucket for the initial brewing process, with a hole bored in the correct place for a tap.
- Tap, enabling you to bottle from this vessel without having to rack into a second vessel because the sediment stays below the level of the tap.
- Tight fitting lid for bucket, with a bored hole fitted with a grommet. This is where you’ll fit your airlock.
- One way bubbler airlock – one way airlock which allows air to escape but no contamination to get in.
- 24 500ml PET Bottles suitable for bottling 40 pints, which are re-usable.
- Plastic paddle with a long handle for stirring.
- Glass hydrometer in its own plastic trial jar, which helps you check the alcohol content and to know when your beer is ready to bottle.
- Stick-on LED thermometer so you can be sure your beer is at the right temperature.
- A syphon tube with built in tap and sediment trap. Whilst having a tap on the bucket should avoid needing a syphon to make this kit, we include it in case there is a need to syphon off your beer from the sediment into another vessel in future (if, for example, the sediment level is high with a different kit, or you’re making beer from scratch).
- A tub of cleaner/steriliser for sterilising all equipment prior to use.
- Instructions – an easy to follow, general guide for the beginner. This is in addition to the specific instructions which will be included in/on your beer kit.
- Coopers Beer Kit with its own set of instructions.
- Brew Enhancer suited to this particular beer kit (which is used in place of brewing sugar to enhance the final taste of your beer, as recommended by Coopers).
- Carbonation Drops to add at the bottling stage, to carbonate your beer.
Can I re-use this kit?
After brewing the first batch of lager with the Coopers kit included, all you’ll need to start brewing future batches is another beer, lager or cider ingredients kit. As soon as your first batch of beer is bottled, you can start again with another kit. This ensures they always have top quality beer available to drink at home, which tastes as good (if not better) than shop bought at a fraction of the price!
What other kits can I use with this equipment?
This setup is suitable for brewing real ale, lager, stout, cider and all varieties of beer.